Irvine, CA – Month, Day, 2017
SDC Technologies, Inc. (SDC) the recognized global leader in premium, high performance abrasion resistant coatings announced the launch of FormGard 100 thermoformable abrasion resistant coating designed for primer free adhesion to polycarbonate substrates. FormGard 100 is an optically clear thermally curable coating that can be cold-formed or drape -formed after cure to manufacture clear three-dimensional parts for a variety of markets including automotive/transit, building & construction, and safety.
“FormGard 100 primerless formable coating offers best-in-class combination of optical clarity, thermorformability, weatherability and abrasion resistance for polycarbonate sheets, said Dr. Sapna Blackburn, Vice President of Technology for SDC Technologies, Inc. These attributes make FormGard the perfect choice for the manufacture of windshields/glazing, headlamps and gauges of motorcycles, automobile and mass-transit vehicles, as well as for the manufacture of architectural enclosures,”added Dr. Blackburn.
Optically clear and REACH complaint, FormGard 100 is the next generation of advanced high performance formable coating, thermoformable to a 2” radius. FormGard coating is manufactured in SDC’s ISO 9001:2008 certified, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility to ensure consistent quality.
- Excellent primer-free adhesion to polycarbonate
- Delivers high Bayer abrasion ratio for premium scratch resistance
- Designed for flow coat application
ARCHITECTURAL & BUILDING
- Domes, Roof & Skylights, lighting
- Protective Bus Shelters & Outdoor Signage
AUTOMOTIVE & TRANSIT
- Headlamps, Lighting & Windows
- Windscreens, Canopies & Sunroofs
- Instrument Clusters & Gauges
AVIATION & AEROSPACE
- Canopies, Cabin Windows & Lighting
- Cockpit Instruments & Navigation Systems
- Security Cameras
- Safety Visors, Face Masks, Shields & Goggles