Automotive & Transit
Accelerating Durability and Optical Clarity
Automotive & Transit
SDC’s optically clear, premium CrystalCoat™ multi-purpose surface glazing treatments and weatherable coating system accelerates the durability of enclosed transit shelters for trains/trams, taxis and bus stops. Our innovative patented transportation vehicle applications include cars, trucks, motorcycles, planes, boats, trains, bus and motor coaches. Our subsidiary FSI Coating Technologies also offers a wide range of complementary anti-fog coating and film solutions for the automotive and transportation industry.
- Glass: insulated, laminated, safety, security, or specialty bullet proof and tinted glass
- Polycarbonate, Acrylic and other Plastics
- Aluminum and other Non-Ferrous Metals
- Automotive & Transit: windows, side mirrors and camera systems, windshields and windscreens, canopies, lights, sun/moon roofs, cockpit instrument clusters, panel displays, and gauges
- Electronics: Head-up displays, GPS navigation devices and systems, LED lighting
- Exceptional optical clarity.
- Premium weatherability and outdoor durability, will not discolor with exposure to sunlight.
- Excellent resistance to abrasion, chemical, impact, and UV radiation.
- Primer-free adhesion to polycarbonate and acrylic substrates.
- Availability in thermal and UV-cure, for dip and flow applications.
Benefits – Value Proposition
- Energy conservation, protection from ultraviolet rays results in lower temperature variances required for heating and cooling.
- Easy to clean and maintain, resistance to oil, dirt and corrosion eliminates the need to polish chrome finishes.
- May be cleaned with common household ammonia-free glass cleaners.
- Optically clear, enabling safer driving and navigation.
- Highly durable, resistant to scratches, mars, and chemical attack.
- Versatile, compatible with anti-reflective, mirror and metalizing treatments.
- Exceptional product quality and stability, reducing the need for frequent tank change-outs, streamlining and maximizing product yields.
Customer Success Story for Boat Windshields and Windows: AcryliCo Races Ahead with CrystalCoat MP-100
Benefits, Weatherable Coating System Value Proposition
- Two part coating system, primer enhances adhesion and accelerates coatings protective performance features
- Delivers best-in-class abrasion resistance to polycarbonate substrates.
- Exceptional outdoor durability, premium UV protection and premium weatherability.
- Optical clarity, will not discolor with exposure to sunlight.